Divorce Lawyer Services Batu TigaEasy . Fast . Quick.
The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia offers divorce and family law services in Batu Tiga. We offer a wide range of legal services from divorce (contested & uncontested), maintenance for spouse and children to division of matrimonial properties and assets.
Make an appointment for a consultation now with our professional team of divorce lawyers as they take care of the divorce cases for you and get a free quotation from us.
Professional Divorce Lawyer Services in Batu Tiga
Divorce is never an easy thing to go through. It’s a life-changing event, and it can be emotionally, psychologically, and financially devastating. That’s why it’s so important to work with a professional divorce lawyer who understands the emotional toll divorce can take on you. That’s why we are proud to be the divorce lawyer in Batu Tiga that people turn to when they need help the most. The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia has a history of helping people in your position. So if you’re looking for legal representation in a divorce, contact our firm today and we’ll take care of your divorce case from start to finish.
If you and your spouse have decided to divorce, you will likely need a divorce lawyer. Yet, the job of choosing the right lawyer is a difficult one, and there are many things you should consider. Because divorce involves a lot of legal considerations, including custody, alimony, and child support, you need a divorce lawyer who is not only experienced but also reputable. However, if you are living in Malaysia, here is some good news! You can now get professional help of a divorce lawyer in Batu Tiga. You can find the most experienced, good and reputable divorce lawyer in Batu Tiga at our website. This is because we have got a very experienced and diligent team of divorce lawyers who are willing to help you out and guide you through the legal process.
Professional Divorce Lawyer Team In Batu Tiga You Can Count On
The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia provides a complete range of divorce and family law services for clients throughout Batu Tiga.
- Divorce (single petition & joint petition)
- Maintenance for Spouse and Children
- Custody of Children
- Division and Distribution of Matrimonial Properties and Assets
- Mediation/Settlement Agreements
- Annulment of Marriage
Learn more about our divorce and family law services and book a free consultation with our divorce lawyers who can better assist you with your needs. For your convenience, we offer services in Batu Tiga, Kuala Lumpur, and other nearby cities.
- Bukit Bintang
- Mont Kiara
How The Divorce Lawyer Services In Batu Tiga Work
Step 1: Book a free consultation session.
All you need to do is to give us a call or send us a Whatsapp message and book a consultation session.
Step 2: A Client Specialist will assist you.
Our Client Specialist will attend to you to answer your enquiries.
Step 3: A Professional Divorce Lawyer will attend to you.
Our team of professional divorce lawyers is highly qualified and experienced to provide divorce and family law services to our clients. Client satisfaction is the number 1 priority of our divorce lawyers. Our divorce lawyers will act in the best interests of our clients.
Why Choose The Divorce Lawyer Services In Batu Tiga
1. We have an efficient panel of experienced divorce lawyers.
2. We will spend time listening and understanding individual cases.
3. We will act in your best interests.
4. We will give you the appropriate guidance and advice to expedite divorce proceedings, thus making the legal fees more affordable by minimising delay.
Book a Consultation With a Divorce Lawyer in Batu Tiga Today!
Want to book an appointment with a divorce lawyer in Batu Tiga? Click on the button on the right and we will be happy to respond.
Contact us and get a FREE quotation today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) How do I get a divorce?
If both parties agree to the divorce, get our lawyers to file a joint petition for divorce. If one spouse wants a divorce, then get our lawyers to file a single petition for divorce.
2) Do I need to engage a lawyer for my divorce? Can’t I deal directly with the High Court myself?
It is advisable to appoint a lawyer when filing for a divorce. The lawyer can guide you through the whole tricky process of divorce.
3) Can I file for divorce in Malaysia in the case of incompatible personalities?
If you have been married for more than 2 years, you can do so.
4) If I live separately with my spouse for more than 2 years, can I file for divorce immediately?
Yes. If you have lived apart continuously for at least 2 years, you can do so.
5) Who must attend the court hearing for divorce?
The lawyer must be present. As a general rule, both husband and wife must also be present.
6) I have an unfaithful husband involved in adultery. What legal action can I take?
Engage a divorce lawyer to file for a single divorce petition.
7) I could not find my partner and I have lost all contact with my partner. Can I still apply for a divorce?
You can apply to the court for a single divorce petition through a lawyer.
8) Can I remarry my former spouse after the divorce?
Yes you can.
9) If I am not satisfied with the High Court’s decision, can I file an appeal?
Yes. You can appeal twice. First to the Court of Appeal and secondly the final appeal to the Federal Court.
10) What shall I do if I cannot afford to hire a lawyer?
You can get help from 2 organisations offering legal aid.
– The Bar Council Legal Aid Centre set up by The Malaysian Bar.
– The Legal Aid Department under the Prime Minister’s Department.
Before you qualify for legal aid, you have to take an online test to determine if your financial capabilities fall within the necessary boundary. The second test assesses the merits of your case.
11) Who shall pay for the divorce?
For joint divorce petition, either party pays for the whole legal fee or both parties share the legal fee. For single divorce petition, each party has to pay the legal fee.
12) Who is entitled to spouse maintenance?
Generally, the husband has the legal obligation to maintain his ex-wife. But under exceptional circumstances, the ex-wife can be responsible for the husband’s maintenance if he is financially incapable or he is suffering from injury or ill-health.
13) How does the court determine child maintenance?
The court will have to consider the means and status in life of both the parents.
14) How does the court determine wife maintenance?
The court shall base its assessment on the means and needs of the parties and shall consider the degree of responsibility to each party for the breakdown of the marriage.
15) Who can apply for child custody?
Only the parents can apply but in exceptional circumstances, the High Court may grant temporary custody to the child’s relative or any welfare association that the court deems fit to look after the child.
16) When can I apply for the custody of my children?
You can do so any time. You do not need to wait for the divorce proceeding to commence, unlike maintenance claim.
17) Who can take custody of my child who is 3 years old?
Usually the mother will be given the custody of the young child. But exceptional cases, the court will consider other factors such as the welfare of the child and would act in the child’s best interests.
18) How does the Court divide the matrimonial assets after a divorce?
The Court would not necessarily divide the assets equally, but would usually divide the assets based on the circumstances of the case and would consider the following factors:-
– contribution made by either spouse.
– debts of a spouse for the benefit of both parties.
– needs of the young children (if any).
19) How are assets acquired during the marriage divided?
The Court will strive to make a fair and equitable division of the assets or the proceeds of the sale of these assets.
20) How is the division of matrimonial assets if one party contributed more than the other in acquiring these assets?
The Court will consider the extent of the contributions made by the other party who did not acquire the assets to the welfare of the family by looking after the home, caring for the family and the children. However, the party by whose efforts the assets were acquired shall receive a greater proportion.
21) I can’t live with my wife any longer. I want a divorce but I dislike all the publicity in a divorce. What can I do?
Get a service of a lawyer who will advise you to apply for a mediation settlement. This is the best option because mediation is confidential, avoiding all the adverse publicity involved in single divorce petition.
22) What is the role of the mediation lawyer?
The lawyer, as the mediator, is the neutral third party who can facilitate communication and decision-making to resolve your family conflicts in a co-operative manner.
23) Is mediation settlement cheaper and quicker?
Yes. It is cheaper because it is less time consuming and less paperwork is involved. It is quicker because the process of reaching a common agreement is shorter and is dependent on the parties’ schedules, not on the court.
24) What is the meaning of annulment of a marriage?
This means a petition for a decree of nullity can be brought about where a marriage is void or voidable under Section 69 and 70 of the Law Reform (Marriage & Divorce) Act 1976.
25) When is the marrriage void?
A marriage is considered void if either party was already lawfully married to another.
26) When is the marriage voidable?
The marriage is considered voidable if the marriage has not been consummated due to the incapability or refusal of the spouse or if the spouse suffers from a mental illness or infectious venereal disease.
Note: This article does not constitute legal advice to any specific case. The facts and circumstances of each and every case will differ and therefore will require specific legal advice. Feel free to contact us for complimentary legal consultation.
Contact Us About Your Case
From Our Clients
The following are complimentary comments from our previous clients:-
“I wish to express my thanks to The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia. I am a free man again. The divorce was easy, quick and fast. Thanks again.”
“Thanks to my lawyer at The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia for guiding me through the divorce process. Good job and great service.”
“Great job The Divorce Lawyer Malaysia for expediting my divorce! Thank you.”