Our competent panel of divorce lawyers provide clients with professional advice in family and matrimonial matters (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976. Our lawyers have many years of experience in handling Family Law issues, thus ensuring our clients’ best interests.
Our Legal Services
Our legal services and support include’ but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Advising clients on the steps to be taken prior to divorce.
- Advising clients on their rights to custody of children, division of assets and rights related to maintenance payments.
- Legal representation in courts for clients seeking to obtain a divorce (joint/single petition).
- Legal representation in courts for clients seeking children custody (before or after divorce).
- Legal representation in courts for clients seeking to vary maintenance orders.
- Legal representation in courts for clients seeking to enforce maintenance and custodial orders.
Divorce (Contested & Uncontested)
Under the Law Reform (Marriage & Divorce) Act 1976, a married couple could dissolve a marriage with a divorce proceeding by presenting a petition to the court. The Law Reform (Marriage & Divorce) Act 1976 only governs non-Muslim marriages and divorces in Malaysia.
Maintenance for Spouse and Children
The law of maintenance for spouse and children is based on the principle that one who has the means to maintain his family should do so. It may be awarded by the court or agreed between the parties.
Custody of Children
According to Section 89 (1) Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976, the court empowers the person given custody to decide the upbringing and education of the child. The custody of a child comprises legal rights and responsibilities in raising the child and personal supervision of the child’s upbringing especially the right to keep the child in the custodian’s home.
Division of Matrimonial Properties and Assets
We advise clients on matrimonial property and asset planning to ensure they get what is rightfully theirs, enabling them to move ahead with their life after divorce. We handle all kinds of division of matrimonial properties and assets such as land and houses, motor vehicles, Employees Provident Fund (EPF), company shares as well as local and overseas investments.
Family disputes can be resolved through mediation/settlement agreements. If a partner wants to leave a marriage after all failed attempts at reconciliation, the law permits mediation/settlement agreement. Mediation/settlement agreement provides a viable option for couples who prefer to stay out of court and out of the limelight.
Annulment of Marriage
Annulment of Marriage in Malaysia is governed by the Law Reform (Marriage & Divorce) Act 1976. A void marriage means the valid marriage does not exist at the time of the solemnisation of the marriage. A voidable marriage means the valid marriage exist at the time of solemnisation until it is annuled by the court.
Why Choose Us
1. We have an efficient panel of experienced divorce lawyers.
2. We will spend time listening and understanding individual cases.
3. We will act in your best interest.
4. We will give you the appropriate guidance and advice to expedite divorce proceedings, thus making the legal fee more affordable by minimising delay.
Our lawyers are easily approachable, they can easily analyse and take hold of the situation/dilemma, make matters easy for you.
Super efficient team of lawyers can expedite procedures and cases. There is zero delays. Efficiency means fast and speedy divorce settlements.
Our lawyers are quick to act in your best interests. They are quick to respond and give proper guidance to our clients. We are quick to find practical solutions to your problems.